Now I have to prepare for my first classes next week. The themes of this term are Shakespeare and Plato. First up, early comedies and early Socratic dialogues, respectively.
I've also rediscovered television. Since Mom left, I've watched every episode of 30 Rock. I had seen a couple before, but I didn't appreciate its mind-blowing superiority until I watched from start to finish. Some favorites that stick out:
Jenna: Kabbalah "combines the fun part of Judaism with MAGIC!"
Congressman: "I can't support that. Dam is a swear word. I'd support it if instead of dam we called it a 'god finger'."
Greenzo: "You should really decide what you want before you open the fridge. You just released enough hydrofluorocarbons to kill a penguin." *pulls outs cute penguin photo* "This penguin!"
I'm still working on getting vacation photos on the internet. Also, if I decide it's worth it to go there, there may be a post about the situation in Israel.
No comments:
Post a Comment