02 November, 2008

Lightning-Round Blog Post

Over the past week or so, I've been so busy that despite several ideas for blog posts, I failed to actually post anything. Now I have a backlog of post ideas way too long to actually use, so I'm going to get a bunch out of the way all at once. Here are some updates/musings/observations from the past week:

  • I voted; you can stop asking. It feels pretty awesome. If Obama loses, I'm going to be very upset.
  • I saw a great student production of The Last Five Years last night. It was the first theatre event I made it to, and bodes well for the rest of the year.
  • Last week I joined the Oxford Union, Oxford's debating society / social club, which is supposedly renowned for bringing interesting speakers to debates each week. There is some controversy going on about the Union, because apparently several of the speakers that were advertised for the term aren't actually coming. I'm pondering whether or not I should ask for my money back. There's a nice Member's library and bar, though.
  • Fast food is weird in England. For example, Big Macs come with a barbecue-ish sauce on them, and Pizza Hut serves a range of Italian food. On the plus side, there's a Subway next to my dorm that is mercifully familiar.
I think that's enough for now--look out for some more substantial posts in the next couple of days. Also, I have Skype well and truly working now, so if you'd like to say hello sometime send me your info!

3 comments:

Rabbi Noah Fabricant said...

Lightning-Round Comments

1) As an Ohio voter, I snicker at the relative unimportance of your East Coast vote.

2) "Theatre?" I will slap you until you spell properly.

3) At the Oxford Union, is it mandatory to smoke a pipe, or is the tweed jacket sufficient?

4) Pizza Hut is starting to serve more Italian food here too. They're running a series of adds in which people gush over a new Italian restaurant, but then it's revealed..."All this food was delivered by Pizza Hut!" Boy, do those people feel foolish (and shortly, queasy).

5) Every time I check your blog, I reread the phrase, "armed with a chocolate-covered high-tech camera and a vacuum cleaner fitted with a sock." It's like a poem. Kind of a dirty poem.

Rabbi Noah Fabricant said...

"Ads." Damn.

Anonymous said...

That will teach Noah to proof before hitting the send key!
Dad